Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

I was tagged by Hannah Williams for this award.

                                                  

How many books have you read this month?
Sadly, I have only had the opportunity to read one book this month- but thankfully, the month is just beginning.  I read Moonblood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl, the third book in the Tales of Goldstone Wood series.  It was a really good book, and a work of genius, you need to read the series.

What's a song that's been on your mind?
Oh my gosh!  So, I just finished watching the entire Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies for the first time.  So, I have been thinking of several songs from those movies.  But I have been obsessing over one, which is The Last Goodbye.

Favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving beats Christmas by a smidge.  And I think it's only because of all the food- I really love food.  Of course I also enjoy the history behind it, and spending time with my family.  Not to mention the fact, I have a lot to be thankful for.

Describe the prettiest firework you've ever seen?
Well, right now, on the top of my head, the prettiest firework I have ever seen begins as a standard firework.  It usually is a beautiful red, and the tips are green.  Then as the firework begins to fade, the green tips start to fly around in the sky, as if they were little fireflies.

Is there a type of story you haven't read yet and really want to?
Well, I really enjoy history, so I've been wanting to read more historicals, but I have not had the time to find any (If you have any suggestion, feel free to suggest).  But maybe someday, I'll get the opportunity to read one, and learn the amazing histories of the world!

Favorite meal?  
Oh!  Greasy, crunchy, fried chicken, with warm mashed potatoes covered in sour cream and bacon.  With corn on the cob dripping butter on the side of the plate!  Oh, I'm drooling just thinking of it!

What's your favorite least-known fairy tale?
The Goose Girl.  I came across the fairy tale when I was reading a collection of Grimm fairy tales, and I fell in love with it (Honestly, I don't know why)- despite the strange gruesome resolve.

What's your favorite rare food?
Sushi.  I know, it sounds disgusting.  But I'm not talking about just any sushi.  I'm talking of a California Roll, and a Salem Roll from Momijis!  So, delicious!

Favorite constellation?
I wish I still studied greek mythology and the constellations.  When I was younger I studied the subject extensively, and of course, then, I could tell you my favorite constellation.  But I've forgotten most of the constellations, so I'll have to choose one out of the few I remember.  Which is Orion.  Because he's an archer, and I like archers.  It's really as simple as that.

Pick a color and explain why you think it's beautiful?
Okay, lets see if I can come up with something:  Sky blue is such a vibrant color, and so beautiful.  Because, when you look to the sky, and see the clouds mixed in, you can't help but think of heaven and the hope of eternal life.

Now for my questions:
What is your favorite book of the bible?
What is your favorite genre to read?
Who is your role model, besides Jesus?
What are your gifts and talents?
What made you want to start a blog?
What is your favorite movie/movie series?
What are you looking forward to this coming school year?
What do you do when you need alone time?
What is your favorite Disney fairy tale?
What is something God has shown you in the last month?

Now I am supposed to tag ten people to join in, but I'm afraid I'm not very social, and only know six (well, seven.  But the seventh tagged me, so...) people with blogs.  So, I tag:  Audrey Murray on Miss Audrey; Annie Durret on Dyslexic Chic; Moriah Jayne on 3Girlz4God; Katelyn Atwood on Katelyn's Photography and Pictures; Eliana Maddox on The Nutty REEEES; and Emma Maddox on The Nutty REEEES

4 comments: