Thursday, February 26, 2015

Last Breaths

I struggled to suck in my last breaths while lying under the rubble of my dilapidated home.  The debri crushed my ribs, burying my my body into the ground.  Every breath I took sent agonizing pain through my entire being, bringing a cry from my lips.  I desired to die in that moment, to leave the cruel pain, moving into a new realm.  But then an image suddenly entered my mind, sending every ounce of energy I had left to survive.  I can’t leave Johnny behind!  I thought.
  My sweet gullible little brother could never survive losing his older sister.  I inhaled long breaths, attempting to stay alive, but it only brought terrible pain and unclean air into my lungs.  The thought of leaving Johnny was more painful than the debri that crushed and jabbed into my flesh at that moment.  But something told me to let go.  So I did.  I knew my friends and loved ones would look after him.  
  The Saviour would help him through my death, he would support Johnny through years without his crazed parents, and protective sister.  Then I suddenly slipped into death, and I stood face to face with my Creator.  

3 comments: