Monday, August 24, 2015

Music Inspiration

So, I’d like to let you all know, that in the moment I am sitting here typing up this post our internet is down.  Now, when I first heard this, I thought, “This is great.  No distractions, no internet.  I’m going to be writing with no interruptions for hours!”  After hearing this, I took out my laptop, and made my way into my little cove, ready to power through some stories.  I open up my laptop, and I open up all the tabs for my stories that I needed open, I took out my notebooks, then I opened up the music…  It didn’t turn on.
  Of course, I forgot that the music I listen to while writing is on the internet.  All the Lindsey Stirling, Piano Guys, and Peter Hollens, waiting to ooze inspiration and emotion, just wasting away in the cyber world of computer chips.  You know, I thought that it’d be fine.  So I go back to my story, and read the last sentence I wrote, readying myself for some serious writing.  I put my hands over the keyboard, and… they didn’t do anything.  My fingers just wouldn’t dance for the story.  Then I realized, you can’t dance without music!  So, of course I’m not writing.  After four months of getting use to listening to this music while writing, I have forgotten how to write a story without the little songs in the background.
  Now, I know what you’re thinking.  You’re probably asking yourself why I couldn’t just turn on the radio, or a cd.  Or why I couldn’t just use Itunes.  First of all, I don’t have Itunes in my bedroom.  Second of all, I don’t have any Lindsey Stirling, Peter Hollens, or Piano Guy cd’s.  And third of all, the music I have on my computer is sorted in several different categories.  For example, if I am wanting to write an action scene, I will listen to my ‘action music’- you know the fast upbeat stuff.  And the same with everything else, a sad scene, I listen to my sad music, a happy scene I listen to my happy music, and you probably don’t need me to explain any further.
  Anyways, I did not realize how dependent on I’d become on music, so I veered away from my stories, and wrote this post instead.  But alas, I must go back and try to power through writing without music.  Just hope I can suffer through.

Editor’s Note:  The music came on!


I See Fire

 Crystallize

Skyrim

Mission Impossible

Charlie Brown Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment