Monday, January 11, 2016

Short Story

Life is really just a series of unexpected events.  And for me, this is an accurate description of my life.  People call me, Beebee, but my name is Beatrix.  I remember several odd events which have happened to me through the course of my fascinating life.  A few, for example, is the time I saw someone jump off an ice cream cart, which I then proceeded to imitate.  Another, was when I ran into a mule in New York City, and I then rode on the poor thing, screaming that I was batman.  And to top off with a final cherry, there was a time which I ate a whole table of candy at a really really fancy restaurant- just because I was feeling a bit wild.
  But you’re not here to read about my strange happenings… Well, I suppose you are, but not those ones.  I was planning to tell you about the time that I saw ten different people get electrocuted at the same time, and the events that followed, but I just changed my mind- I’m feeling a bit wild today.  Instead I’ll inform you of the thing that happened to me just the other day, as I was hiking up a gravel road to find my lost turtle, which my cousin had lost three years ago.  And yes, I know it was a long time ago, but there’s always hope.  
  Anyways, I was walking up this gravel road, hoping to find my turtle, Buster.  I had pinpointed the location which seemed the most obvious for him to be after three years.  I was just hoping I wouldn’t find his dead corpse on the road.  Anyways, twenty miles away from my house, on a gravel road, I heard this truck behind me.  So, I turned around, to get a good long look at the truck which would someday do stuff- I didn’t know what the stuff was, I just knew it would see more than a gravel road someday.  But anyways, back to the story, I saw a silver Honda truck driving up the road, ready to run me over, so I quickly made a dramatic jump into the bushes.  
  After bruising a couple ribs from the rocks I had landed on, I quickly jumped up, and raced after the car, to ask if they had seen my pet turtle.  Because, hey, there’s always hope… Plus, I wanted to perhaps engage in an adulty conversation of politics and tea- I don’t really know what adults talk about, I haven’t talked to them for awhile.  But anyways, I ran up the road, after Silver Honda, and I quickly fall behind- because I’m very bad at running.  But I persevered on.  I did look for my turtle on the way up though.  
  Eventually, I caught up to Silver Honda, which had stopped, and some lady was busy filing her nails in the driver’s seat.  She had on a business outfit, and the fancy stuff productive adults wear?  But what do I see on her shirt?  Blood stains!  I gasped, and hid behind a bush, as I watched her file her nails.  My imagination started running wild.  Did she murder someone?  Did she kill them with her claws?  Is that why she’s filing her nails?!  Because they’re actually claws!?  My mind went crazy, and every question from, what is the meaning of life, to, what’s for lunch, to, is she a politician, went through my mind.  At this point I started to think she had a problem.
  Then, finally, the lady got out of Silver Honda.  She walked with her back straight, her nose up in the air, and her high heels stepped on the gravel.  All the way to the back of Silver Honda she walked like this.  She opened up the back.  I held in a breath.  She reached into the back of the truck, and grabbed something that needs both hands.  Several things with that description went through my mind: Bookshelves, chairs, sometimes really big books, a dead body!?... Or a heavy box.  But anyways, while these things went through my mind, she pulled the thing out inch by inch.  I exhaled a small wisp of air, since breathing is required.  My limbs shook with nervous energy, and she almost has the thing out.
  She pulled it out.  It dropped to the ground.  And it’s a dead llama…
  Life is strange and cruel!

No comments:

Post a Comment