Monday, September 19, 2016

Brand New Blog

   Okay, so I wouldn't say this blog is brand new.
   I only changed the background, font, and a few colors, but there's a visible difference.  There also won't be many changes to the posts- not nearly as many as I had thought there was going to be.  Anyways, I promised all the way back at the end of June, that I would have an explanation to my absence up in the next couple of weeks.  And well, it's finally here.
   To begin my explanation we have to go all the way back to May.  As you should now, in May, I finished the first draft of my work in progress, On Time.  I also had a HUGE burnout.  I was finishing up with revisions for my short story, Tears of Promise (which was coming along quite nicely), when I started crying frustrated tears (gosh, that's a blow to my insufferable pride).  Anyways, after recovering from this breakdown, I went outside, and talked to my best friend- she's great at helping my reorganize my thoughts.  And after discussing the situation, I realized that I didn't enjoy writing as of that moment- in fact it had been awhile since I had truly enjoyed writing.
   You see, I suffer from a few ailments called, stubborn determination, and high ambitions.  I've always taken pride in these things, because they've helped me to not stray from my passion and goals.  But over the last year and a half, these 'ailment's' have taken over my love of writing, and been replaced with only the goal to be published.
   So, I took a nice long break.  Which is just now ending.  I am now very excited to return to writing, but don't know for sure what project I will be working on.  I could go on to my second draft of On Time, the story I wrote in the middle of my burnout (and honestly, the WORST first draft I've ever written).  Or, I could resume Dawns Rise, my favorite project for the last two and a half years.  I'll be dwelling on this subject a bit more, praying, and thinking, but eventually will tell you all what it is I will be doing.  But I can guarantee, it will be a story which I will enjoy writing from the beginning to the end.
   In the meantime, I hope to resume my weekly posts, and monthly Realm Walkers.  I hope you all will forgive me of The Long Absence, and will look forward to my future posts as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment