Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Phillipians 4:6

At the moment I am working on three writing projects.  Some beg for more time then others, and it can sometimes be hard to balance writing, reading, school, and everyday life.  After all, you have only twelve hours in a day to cram all of these important things.  Before I begin, I must make it clear that my school is challenging (it’s called Challenge A for a reason) and long.  I enjoy it, and am fascinated by the things I am learning this year, but it is very long.  So cramming in other projects can be tough, and time-consuming, I usually receive from six o’clock to eleven o’clock to write or read, and even then, I occasionally have math or other school.  I often feel as if I do not get any writing done, so I have tried several times to create schedules.  
      When I first began to create a schedule, I knew I had to give up a few projects.  Before I had three projects, I had seven.  I was outlining three stories, writing a book, and writing for three separate blogs.  I was aware of the fact, that I simply could not do it.  Thus, I forced myself to give up one of my blogs, and the three stories I was outlining.  Of course, the first thing on my schedule was school, I have to complete my school for the day first, usually I finish at around three o’clock.  By then, I would be exhausted with my school, and I have to rest my mind for an hour before my dad gets home to help me correct my math (in the midst of all of this, I am also trying to catch up in my math).  After the corrections, it is usually five o’clock, and our family’s dinner is being served.  
  Dinner and chores typically last for an hour, then I finally am allowed to sit and write for one of my blogs.  To help myself determine how often I need to write for these blogs, I have created this small layout.
  The Author’s Plot- I am trying to write out a post for every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday of every week.  This helps me tremendously to know what I need to get done by what time.  
  3Girlz4God-  Of course, there is the blog which my friend, sister, and I manage.  Now being the writer of the group, I seemed to automatically become the main author for 3G4G, thus whenever I receive an interesting topic, I follow it into a quick post.
  Although, that is then followed by the fourty-five minutes of reading my family does together.  By eight fourty-five, I am in my room, pulling out my laptop, or the remaining school I have left.  On Tuesday nights, I always have a little math to catch up on, or I’m rushing on Monday nights to finish the next literature book my class is required to read.  If I do not have any school, or blog posts to catch up on, I will begin to write my novel-in-progress, Twelve Dawns Rise.  I write until I can hardly keep my eyes open, my brain can not work out one more sentence, or until I feel I have made great progress.  Then I will hide away my laptop, and thank God the whole world is not one giant computer screen, then bury myself under the warm covers of my cozy bed.  
  I will end by reading a couple chapters of whichever book I am in the middle of, then my bible.  Then I will turn the bright light off, seal my eyes shut, and fall into a dreamless sleep at approximately twelve o’clock.  That was the schedule I ended with, and I was determined to stick with it.  
  But I didn’t.
  There would be days where unexpected events took place, where my school load would become twice as heavy, I would take a longer break then I first intended, I would not be able to keep my eyes and brain working long enough to write late into the night, or, simply, nothing went my way.  I have realized that I cannot let myself worry about getting my deadline met, and I have learned that pushing myself to the limit is not good for my writing.  I can’t meet every single goal I set for myself, and I definitely cannot wait until the late night to do my devotion.  
  I have now decided that I will do my best.  I will complete my school, and set goals for myself.  But if I can’t do every single thing, that is okay.  I should not have to worry, and procrastinate whenever something does not get done.  When I first realized this reality, I was in class, and my teacher was reading a chapter in a biology book, as we drew and labeled the heart.  Did you know that it is not healthy, for your heart, to worry?  It is very unhealthy for the heart when you worry, and can cause damage.  I guess God was really looking out for us, when He commanded us not to worry.  

  Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Phillipians 4:6

2 comments:

  1. God definitely works in spite of my efforts ;) Wonderful post Hun, I love you!

    ReplyDelete