Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Chapter in my Plot

Since I have just recently began this blog, I thought it was especially appropriate to begin the first few posts with a story of how I came to be a writer.  One chapter in the plot of my life which the Author has created.
  It began when I was five years old.  I remember the day very clearly, each little set-up of the house, and watching my friend’s hand, as she traced large letters onto the yellow paper.  First of all, I am homeschooled, I have been for all my life.  It was one day in school, when my mom approached me, and announced she was going to demonstrate how to create a mini book.  She carefully presented how to fold several bright yellow pages into one book.  I immediately became escatic, and after school was over, I ran across the sidewalk, to the six year old’s house who had just recently moved in (she is now one of my very best friends).
  When she stepped outside, with the intention to play games and discuss her long day of school, I began to beg her to write a story with me.  It did not take much convincing, and we soon were sitting in the driveway of my home, and began to write in the small blank book I was so proud of.  Now, since I had just started school, I was still learning how to read and write, therefore my friend had to pen down our story.  Being that it was autumn, and our cul-de-sac is surrounded by high Oak trees, we quickly came to the conclusion our subject would be acorns.  My friend and I began describing what acorns were like, and we came up with the most absurd sentences.  Such as:  I love acorns so much I could kiss them.  
  After an hour, we completed the small book, and we were beaming in pride.  At that moment, while staring at the completed book I had created with my new friend, I knew that someday I would be an author.     

2 comments: