Thursday, November 5, 2015

Prayer

Outside my world is crumbling.  But I’ll be safe as long as I stay in here.  Children are being taught they are nothing.  But it’s fine, I’m safe as long as I stay here.  Abortion has taken the lives of millions.  But I’m not bad, I’m only sitting here on the couch.  Nothing can happen to me, that’s what they tell me so they must be right.  Children are being shot.  But isn’t it fine?  They are nothing.  I’ll be fine.  The screen is telling me there is no truth.  Alright.  I don’t need to join the fight because this has nothing to do with me.  It’s legal to be gay now.  After all there are no absolutes, people can decide who they are.  Can’t they?  That’s what the people are telling me.  
  There was a shooting at a college.  The shooter killed only Christians.  But I’ll be fine.  Because I’m not going to get involved.  People have begun to attack Christian beliefs.  But if I don’t speak, I’ll be fine.  Christians are being attacked.  God is being attacked.  And my world is dying.  This is not my fight.  I’m watching my screen, becoming a drone as they tell me about a fight which is not mine.  Someone has come into my house, saying that everything right, that we are nothing.  Okay, that’s what the screen told me.  There’s a shot.  I stare at my screen.  A bullet goes through my head.  My blood splatters over the furniture that I sat at when I believed this wasn’t my fight.  

   For years I have been wrestling with the question of what I could do about these heavy subjects.  Recently though, I have come upon this idea in a book that I feel we all need to take action in.  Prayer is the most powerful tool we have as Christians.  I know you hear that a lot though, and by now they are probably only empty words to your ears.  But let me explain the story in Daniel 10.  It describes how Daniel had been fasting and praying for three weeks concerning a vision.  On the twenty-fourth day an angel finally came down, presenting himself to Daniel.  He proceeded to tell Daniel that he had been fighting his way to him since the first day he began to pray, but that he and his other fellow angels had been in the midst of a battle with some bad angels.
   They had fought a heavenly battle for weeks, trying to answer Daniel's prayer.  And finally they did.
   The angels loved Daniel, because he prayed constantly.  And with each prayer he spoke, an army of angels was sent out.  Never thought of it that way did you?  That with every single prayer, you send out an army of angels to fulfill your prayer.  We have a power right at the tip of our tongues, and we're not doing anything with it.  Imagine what could happen if only five hundred people prayed once a day that abortions would be stopped.  Army after army of angels would be sent out to save the precious lives of babies.  You might not see the difference for a long time, even years, but keep praying.  Because the angels need help to keep fighting off the evil spirits.
   So, please, whenever you feel the need to pray for something, whether it's something as big as abortion, or as simple as a prayer for joy, please pray for whatever it is.  Unleash an army of angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment